Multi-Angle Light Scattering (SEC-MALS)
Absolute Molecular Weight Determination by Multi-Angle Light Scattering (MALS)
Fina Biosolutions offers size-exclusion chromatography combined with multi-angle laser light scattering (SEC MALS) for the determination of absolute molecular weight of proteins, conjugates, and polymers. Unlike other techniques, MALS determines the absolute molecular weight, without the need for molecular weight standards.
Examples of applications for MALS:
- Antibody dimer and aggregate determination
- Polymer molecular weight and polydispersity
- Degree of protein pegylation
- Carbohydrate ratios for conjugate vaccines
- Pollack et al. Molecular Characterization of Multivalent Bioconjugates by Size- Exclusion Chromatography with Multiangle Laser Light Scattering. Chem 23:1794, 2012.
- Recent applications of light scattering measurement in the biological and biopharmaceutical sciences. Anal Biochem, 501:4, 2016